Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Online Transaction

I am very careful when i have online transaction. I try not to use IE when i am doing online transaction.

To me, IE isn't very secure. There was a time i wanted to go to a bank to view my account. Instead of routing me to the bank site after keying in the url, it brought me to bing.com and listed out the bank url. It was very irritating. I thought i have mistyped the address, therefore i retype again. It still brought me to bing.com. Out of curiousity, i clicked on the link. Who knows, IE starts popping out non stop. I couldn't stop it. I couldn't even open the task manager to kill the IE. Luckily the memory of my computer is big. I quickly restart my computer. The link which provided was not the genuine bank url but more like trojan horse or stupid website. So i tried to use mozilla to go to the bank site. When i used mozilla, this problem did not happen. It just stated that the site was down. So i know the bank's site was down.

Yesterday i wanted to renew my antivirus software. Of course another transaction online from the antivirus company website. I used IE again. Again, i was faced with a problem. After keying in all my information including credit card information, i clicked on purchase button. The transaction was successful. All i need to do is just to click on the button to verify the renewal process. But who knows, as i was about to click on the verification link, out of the sudden IE got problem again. It suddenly showed me "page could not be displayed". I have not even click on the verification link. I was so worry because i was in the midst of transaction. I have to call the bank to confirm the transaction to ensure that the receiver of the payment is the antivirus company. Luckily the antivirus company sent a receipt to my email to confirm my transaction.

After having so many problems with IE, i dare not use IE for online transaction anymore. It is too insecure for me. I would rather use Mozilla for online transaction. At least when the site is down, it doesn't route me to stupid site or give me stupid links.

No comments:

Post a Comment