Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Friends Or Acquaintances

How do you differentiate whether this person is your friend or acquaintance? Well, to me, not many people are suitable to be my friends. Some are just meant to be acquiantances.

To me, if i counted a person as my friends, i am willing to share my secrets and problems with him/her without worrying that she/he will betray my trust. I will feel comfortable being with him/her. I can even joke around with them without worrying they will be angry.

As for acquaintances, they are merely partner at work. We can only discuss formal things. When we meet, we just say "hi" and "bye". No secrets. No chatting. You will feel awkward when chatting with them. You feel uneasy sharing secrets with them.

I do have friends that turned into acquaintences. Why? Hard to get along. Communication problem. I still remember i have a friend that is easily offended. Or being too defensive. Everything must listen to her. She is too authoritive to me. How to be friend? So, i tried to keep a distance. Because i don't know when will i offend her again. And i don't know how to communicate with her anymore.

So whenever i met a new person, i will think carefully first whether she/he is suitable to be your friend or your acquaintance. Can i share my problems, happiness and sadness with her? Can i trust her/him with my secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment