Monday, February 23, 2009

I have no veins ??!!??

I am always fear of taking blood. Not because I am afraid of the needle poking me. Unlike others, my veins are extremely shy. They like to hide themselves deeply under my flesh.

So, the nurse who takes my blood always have problem poking me unless she/he is an expert. The not so expert nurse will hit the part where they want to take the blood and it poke or press it after that as though i am a piece of meat. Ya, i admit i am similar to a meatball but that does not mean i don't feel the pain. duh !...

After all the beating and poking, alas She/he found the veins ( As though he/she had found it but in actual fact no ! ). She/he would smile to themselves for the effort She/he put in has finally paid off. She/He took the needle and poke it to the reddish part of my flesh due to torture but no blood oozing out. She/he did not give up. She/he refused to withdraw the needles. She/he continued to look for my vein by moving the needle around in my flesh !. Yes ! You did not read wrongly. She/he really did that.

She/he hoped that by doing so they can miraculously or should i say accidentally poke into my vein and draw out the blood. She/He even have the face to ask me "Is it painful?". Didn't you hear me say OUCH !?!?!... Do i need to say more ?!?!.

In the end, she/he gave up. Withdraw the needle to show that he/she has surrendered. He/she had lost the battle. Some will curtly reply "Miss, you have no veins.". Hey how can i have no veins?!!!??...

Luckily, there is always an expert in the lab that can draw my blood effortlessly. This expert will only appear after i have gone through all the gruesome torture.

Sigh.... even though it's nice to have veins hide deeply under your flesh, but i really want to see those greenish veins just under my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment